Thursday, July 1, 2010

New York

We've been saving for two years to take an anniversary trip to New York and celebrate 5 wonderful years together! As much as we missed Cade, it was nice not to worry about diaper bags and toys, and to be able to go out to eat without providing entertainment for everyone else in the restaurant! Here's a brief glimpse at a few of the things we did!

Our first night there in Time Square

On a bus tour

On top of the Empire State Building
(it was a little windy, if you couldn't tell)

Intermission at "Wicked"
(Brett sported his green shirt, just for the event!)

The view from our window on a dinner cruise

Enjoying an all-you-can-eat buffet
while cruising the waters around New York City

The view at night was even more amazing

After riding a tandem bike through Central Park
(we had daylight when we started!)

The view from the Statue of Liberty - Amazing!
(the tablet she holds reads: July 4th, 1776)

We were pooped by the time we got to the top (334 steps - mostly narrow spiral stairs),
but it was worth it! Lady Liberty does not come equipped with air conditioning. The thermostat reached 100 degrees while we were up there, plus humidity!!

The view from our hotel room! (The Chrysler Building is on the right)
We got to stay one night at the Waldorf Astoria, thanks to my wonderful husband!

In one of the lobbies next to a famous old clock

Saying good-bye to the city that never sleeps
(so that we can go home and get some rest and relaxation!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, you make New York look SO fun!!! I'm glad you guys got a great anniversary vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heaven's. That looks like it was so fun!! Was the boat way fun? And how was Wicked? Chad and I almost went to NY when we were on the East coast but decided to go to Boston instead, but Wicked was going to be on our list if we went!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. I am glad you guys got to take a trip and enjoy one another without kids. It's so nice to have a brake away and it makes it even better when you get to see them again. Your trip looks like it was a blast and you enjoyed every bit. It makes me want to take a trip out there. I have always loved New York and would love to go back there again with Taylor. Are you coming down at all for the 4th? If not, I understand. One of these holidays we will meet up I am sure. Thanks for showing your pictures, I am glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous. I love New York. The last time we were there we saw Wicked and LOVED it! I hope you guys had a fantabulous time...you deserve it!!!!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! SO much fun friend!! Maybe Steve and I need to start planning ahead for our #10 (only 2 years away! Crazy!) That would seriously be such a fun trip. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RP, I love it!!! And p.s., I found you!!! This is Ali (Woodbury), remember me?
    Happy 5 years to you!! Little Cade is a beautiful little boy. I am so happy to see you are doing so well!!! Love and lots of happy thoughts to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading that! I keep meaning to ask you what you did, but it's so much better with pictures! That looks like such a FUN vacation!! That's one nice hotel:)

    ReplyDelete