Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lentil Festival

As you can see, Pullman just held Lentil Festival. It was our first as a family (Brett of course had gone to it as a kid), and even though it's not Swiss Days, we still had a good time! For those of you who don't know what a lentil is, it's part of the legume family and has a similar taste to a mild bean. They're used in all sorts of recipes for the event such as pancakes, ice cream, cookies, brownies, and pizza, but the most popular is the lentil chili that is dished out for free! Anyone's welcome to come next year to check it out!


Me, Dad, Aunt LeAnn, Cousin Kent, and Butch the WSU Cougar!


Free chili anyone?


The famous "bowl" of chili. (They really serve it from there!)


Dan D. Pea


The parade was a little too loud for my liking. Grandma helped me out.


Tase T. Lentil


I've got a few years before I fit in Grandpa's hat, but I sure am handsome!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great time! I love going to fairs and festivals. There is something about them that is just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh stranger! How are you? I was wondering if you were coming down around Christmas. Kate is coming then and I want to get all together with everyone. Your child is so cute.. can't wait to see him in real life! Love you!

    ReplyDelete